Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Vitafusion Hair, Skin & Nails Follow-Up Review


I'm back with a follow-up review for the Vitafusion Gorgeous Hair, Skin & Nails Multivitamin gummies. My previous post on this product was for Smiley360 as a free product review, and oddly enough is my most popular pin on Pinterest. Who knew that so many of you want to know about adult gummy supplements?

I wanted to go back to this product because over the winter my hair, skin and nails were very stressed out. Some due to the dry Utah weather, but mostly because my husband's company that he works for was in the process of being sold to an appropriate buyer. Crazy-stupid hours, not allowed to use time off, and the holiday season was barely passable as happy. I'm sure the families of his coworkers were  about to call mutiny if the company didn't get their act together sooner.

If the thought of that winter-long nonsense doesn't stress you out, imagine what it was doing to my hair and nails! I had my hair falling more than usual, dry flaky patches on my face, and my nails were brittle and chipping the corners almost daily.



I couldn't keep my nails any longer than pictured, and some spots were also peeling. It felt like the tips of my fingers were amputated without my nails.

I had enough and bought myself a bottle of the Vitafusion vitamins and also a hair growth supporting shampoo and conditioner (Pronexa by Hairgenics). I preferred the Vitafusion Multivitamin over others because it had the most Biotin per dose and a better support of other vitamins. The full list of vitamins are A, C, D, E, B-6, B-12, Folate, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Iodine, and Zinc. A full dose per day is 3 gummies, and other brands suggest taking it with food. Extra bonus is that there are no artificial flavors, no gluten, no high fructose corn syrup, no dairy and no synthetic dyes. It does have coconut oil in it if you're sensitive to tree nuts.

I rarely managed to get all 3 gummies in a day, but got in at least two. I did notice that the formula of the gummy improved over the last time I tried it. The texture didn't have odd extra gummy bits in it. Good for them! The bottle has 135 gummies and costs around $20.00. That should last you a little more than a month.

Things I did notice over the month as I was using the vitamins was that I had extra energy later in the day and didn't need to take a nap. Yay for B vitamins! I didn't get sick like everyone else around me. My nails stopped chipping daily and were allowed to grow, finally. The dry patches on my face subsided, or that could be the very wet spring we've had this year and there was plenty of humidity in the air. Also my hair stopped dropping like crazy. I did get a second bottle of vitamins because for me I think it will take a little longer for everything to recover. Something about getting older and things take longer, or the phrase "that's appropriate for your age."



See, they look so much better after some nourishment! That's the length I'm used to for my nails. My right hand's nails are still a little shorter, because I work them harder. They're my favorite craft tools.

My hair has some regrowth along my hairline under my bangs because that section was thin and bugging me. The vitamins helped from the inside and the Pronexa helped heal my scalp from itchy dandruff and washing off product buildup. I hope to find a shampoo that will help maintain that and not as expensive. I'll keep taking the vitamins for the other benefits.

My skin happens to be oily most of the time, so the dry patches was a combination skin nightmare. The extra vitamins of  A, C and E managed to balance out the stress and ease the flakiness. It also eased the acne breakouts. Anyone who said you'll grow out of teenage acne is lying! No wrinkles yet, thank goodness. Let's keep it that way.

The good news is that my husband's company is finally sold to another parent company, and he can use as much time off as he wants! We can go on vacation this year.

#Vitafusion #vitamins

2 comments:

  1. Wow your nails are fierce! I just chopped all my nails (and consequently, favorite tools) off. I feel completely useless...they were just brittle and breaking all the time. Sounds like this is exactly what I need! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it and let me know if it improves for you.

      Delete