Sunday, February 2, 2014

Crochet Entrelac Blanket

This is one of those past projects that I managed to get a picture before it was gifted as a baby present.

It's a Tunisian Crochet Entrelac blanket I made for a co-worker and her first baby. This is a Lion Brand pattern (Lion Brand: Crochet Entrelac), and I did use the LB Vanna's Choice yarn for this project. Probably about $60 worth of yarn if you have coupons. 

I thought it was a simple technique and a great introduction to Tunisian crochet since you don't need the long hooks for this blanket. Everything is stitched on a regular crochet hook. Be careful you don't miss a stitch. I think I had to unravel a couple rows twice because the stitches weren't lining up. 

My sister-in-law liked the pattern while I was working on it, and she wanted to make one for her friends. She used Caron Simply Soft yarn (One of my favorites), and it looks just as soft and plush as this one. 

Edit 8/31/14

My sis-in-law did take a picture of hers. I swiped a copy of it.


She managed to square off the ends, unlike mine which are points.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! :) I love this new blog! Take lots of pictures so I can see what I'm missing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That would be a trick! I'd probably need a new camera that actually used and SD card, my old one uses XD (outmoded).

      Delete