Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ruffled Ribbon Topiary

I made 15 of these topiaries last year for party centerpieces. The ribbon and elastic took the longest to complete. And a LOT of straight pins.

They cost about $20 each in supplies. Good luck finding matching color ribbon all over town if you're making more than one. I found the tutorial for making them here: Ruffled Ribbon Topiary They use a smaller styrofoam ball and therefore a smaller amount of ribbon. I think there were about 8 yards of ribbon on each 5" ball of mine.
There are a few places that make it easier to find some supplies. I used 4" terra cotta pots from the hardware store ($0.79) and the Dollar Tree actually had green styrofoam pot inserts that fit the pots. Then I could push the dowel through and pin the red tulle to the foam better. Paint your pots and dowels first of course. Try your own color combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment